The Ellsworth Sportsmen’s Club (ESC), was founded as an unincorporated organization in 1948, becoming incorporated on April 30, 1962.
The land, 24.056 acres, in which the Clubhouse sits, was purchased on July 14, 1972.
The Clubhouse was completed in December of 1975, Rifle Range in 1979, and the Trap Range in 1980.
The garage and extension to the Clubhouse was built in 1993.
Amenities at the Club include a 25 to 200 yard rifle range, pistol range, trap range, 3D archery range, outside deck, stone fireplace, bar, central air, seating for 100 and small kitchen.
The club is governed by four Officers and eight Board of Directors and one Bar Manager all are elected four year term non paid positions
As of July 2020 the club has 256 active status members
All ESC active members may rent the ESC clubhouse and property for special events such as parties etc.
The ESC is proudly licensed by the PLCB, Pa Amusement, Sunday PLCB Sales and Pa Dept of Agriculture also the club kitchen is food safe certified and bartenders RAMP certified
The ESC has in house NRA and Pa Game Commission certified instructors
The ESC is the home range, sponsor and training facility for the Bentworth Bearcats Scholastic Trap Team
ESC Mission Statement
The purposes for which this club is organized are: the preservation and propagation of game, fish, and forestry; the enforcement of game, fish, and forestry laws; the inclusion of the highest standards of sportsmanship; the promotion of friendly relationships between sportsmen and land owners; the conservation of wild life and natural resources; and to purchase, own, acquire, hold, mortgage, lease, convey, or otherwise dispose of such real estate and personal property as may be necessary or incidental to carrying out the foregoing purposes.
We are a 501 (c)7 nonprofit organization, we hold a retail liquor license, and we have a Small Games of Chance license. The ESC holds various events and raffles throughout the year for adults, children, members, and the public.